Friday, January 13, 2017

What's a Cephalopod?

Ben helped me make inari zushi.  He's a hoot.

Papa and Ben enjoyed a few games of pinball.  Ben is good, but it's hard to top Papa.

My lovely neighbors gave us goodies for Christmas.  I saved them for Ben's visit.  He devoured this cookie from Trader Joes.

Ben and Mommy did their exercises together.

I love to watch Ben play with this race track.  The talking car is my favorite part.

Another neighbor Christmas gift was donuts.  Ben ate one for breakfast.

After breakfast, we were off to the aquarium!

An otter eating his breakfast swam right in front of Ben.  Hilarious!

The otters were happy and wild and fun to watch.

Watching Ben and Mommy watch otters is also fun.

Ben spied some kids at this interactive exhibit and joined them.

Sometimes I miss things when I'm holding a camera, and this is a good example.  I couldn't figure out what he was doing.

I finally realized this was sand under projected lights.  It was way fun to play with.

I love jelly fish exhibits.

Corinne casually mentioned that Ben knew what a cephalopod was.

I asked, "What's a cephalopod?"

Out of the blue, Ben answered. "Jelly fish," he said simply.

The penguins thrive at this aquarium.

They are fast.

We loved watching them.

Ben and Mom piloted a submarine.

This kid!  We had so much fun.

We spent some time in a 4D theater.  About 3 minutes.  We quickly realized that Ben wasn't going to wear the glasses, or sit in anyone's lap, and we were outta there.

The aquarium has a new exhibit which includes these clouded leopards.

One of them stole a drink right in front of Ben.

Ben growled at this dragon.

None of us were afraid, not even the dragon.


The last exhibit Ben looked at included this blue frog.
I love watching Ben and Papa together.

I have a weakness for gift shops in zoos and aquariums.

I hit a home run with this animal rescue doctor kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment