Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Nature Walk

While the big kids were in school, Papa Ben and I took Julia to the Sea Center. 
We saw a lot of critters near the boardwalk.
The turtles warmed themselves in the morning sun.
A lizard cooled himself in the shade.
I was delighted when this dragonfly held still for me.
Papa Ben spotted this baby turtle in the algae.
A gigantic turtle spotted us.
Julia is delightful company.
After awhile, we decided it was time to go inside.
We said good-bye to all the turtles.
Even a new one who had just surfaced.
I have a favorite story about the Sea Center.  A few years ago, something killed all their coral.  Does this coral look familiar?  Dave supplied them with new coral from his tank.
The fish seem to love it.
Nate asked me to take one million pictures.
This one is for him.
Julia's favorite part of the Sea Center is the turtle stamp.
Afterward, we took lunch to Nathan at school.
We sat in the shade and had a wonderful conversation with Carolyn.
I spied construction trucks on the other side of the fence.  They are building a new school for Nate and Julia.
The kids have a favorite bench where they posed for my camera.
Way too soon, it was time to say good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, Julie. You're Welcome, Louie.

Did I really want to start this last post of Steve's visit with another picture of my groupies watching Star Trek?  I sure did.  We'...