Friday, July 28, 2017

Big Bang!

I was thrilled to meet these three handsome men at the temple this afternoon.  Only moments before I took this picture, we realized Jacob's recommend was still at home.  The temple solved that problem in 35 seconds.

The same three handsome men selected Burger Supreme for lunch afterward, a first for Will, nowhere close to firsts for Ben and Jacob.

But also first for me.  Will and I came home and got his laundry going.

Papa and Jacob brought the food home.

Lunch was delicious.

We "hung out" with Mom and Dad, who enjoyed catching up with their two wayward children.  Other kids joined in the chat.  We talked for a long time, and I'm not sure why Dad ended up getting poked at so much, but he did.  He's a good sport.

There was not much room for dessert, but I had made mousse cake with the Girardelli chocolate, so we ate it.  A good sign was the three of us who had eaten it before noticed the change in chocolate, perhaps an improvement, but definitely noticeable.

I have been making this dessert since 1983, but today was Will's first time to eat it.  This met with his approval.

Jacob's, too.

I'm not sure why the pistol came out, but it did.

Will's opinion of Papa soared through the roof.  He knew about the gun but had never held it before.

The bullets were on the table, never in the gun.

Jacob, of course, was as interested as Will.

Papa was teaching the boys about rifling.

Look closely -- for sure no bullets in the gun.

What a great day, from start to finish!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day. I like your description of Will's opinion of Papa Ben.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, Julie. You're Welcome, Louie.

Did I really want to start this last post of Steve's visit with another picture of my groupies watching Star Trek?  I sure did.  We'...