Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Staying Out of Trouble

I was taken aback when some long-time friends asked me to take their family portrait.  Papa and Corinne were away, so I had my camera and little Ben, who felt so welcomed by the group that he joined in a few pictures.  Two of these kids were my seminary students a long, long time ago in a galaxy far away.

Ben and I have taken walks every single day.  We always find interesting things to look at.

I took this picture Monday morning.  Notice the silly straw.  Notice the cookies for his breakfast.  Please know that I was not the only adult up, and I did not make his breakfast.

I did, however, spend quite a bit of time that morning playing with Ben.  His favorite game is Hoot, Owl, Hoot.  It's perfect for a 3-year-old, and I can handle the strategy for both of us.

Meanwhile, the sun rose behind us.  Ben said the sky was on fire.  

We also put some puzzles together.
That day, all of us went out for lunch.  Ben was perfectly happy eating other people's food, not necessarily his own.
After lunch, Mom and I found a new place to play.  Many other children were there, which is something Ben particularly loves.
Mom made Ben dinner when we got home.  I might have made him fish sticks, carrots and cucumbers, but no way am I an artist with food.

Today, Ben and I made my favorite Christmas cookies.  I learned that Ben doesn't like cherries.

Magic Cookie Bars are also good for Christmas.  Really good, in fact.

Ben and I went on our last walk tonight.  Ben found a rock that came from the moon and put it in his pocket.

I helped Ben build a cannon.  He liked it a lot.  I captured this picture just as the cannon was falling apart.  It was pretty funny.

Next, we built a jail for Romeo, who is Ben's current favorite bad guy.  It's almost time for bed, and tomorrow we'll all have a great adventure together.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, Julie. You're Welcome, Louie.

Did I really want to start this last post of Steve's visit with another picture of my groupies watching Star Trek?  I sure did.  We'...