Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy Birthday, Will!

The day began with Carolyn's favorite missionary breakfast:  Mantou buns.  The kids love these.
I am one of those people who says, "I don't know if I will like this, so I probably won't."  But I did try one.
The sauce terrified me.
I needed to find room in the fridge.  Jacob and I enjoyed the last of the cherry pie for our second breakfast.
Will turned 17.  The Cannon family joined Dave's family in sledding, and then came over for hamburgers.
These kids get along very well.  It's really fun to see.
Nate wanted to give his brother a happy birthday hug.
I inspired Tom to give Zach a hug.
Julia and Chelsea had a slight sledding encounter with a tree.  I think we are done with dangerous sports for this vacation.
Papa Ben stood outside in 16 degree weather to grill us burgers.  Dave "took care of" his father afterward.
I made a lemon cake for Will.  Not a bite was left.
I made chocolate tortes for everyone else.  There are still plenty on the counter.
Melanie is such a trooper.  We have not heard one word of complaint from her.  Various people helped her up and down the stairs last night and made sure her needs were met.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, Julie. You're Welcome, Louie.

Did I really want to start this last post of Steve's visit with another picture of my groupies watching Star Trek?  I sure did.  We'...