Sunday, September 18, 2016

Here Comes the Sun

Today was a very special day.
We dressed up.
Most of our group walked to breakfast this morning.
Corinne and I got there first, but we took a car.
Janet and Steve brought Lewis in the stroller.
Sammie was very happy that he and Melissa were able to join us.
His excitement level remained high all day long.
Jane was excited, too.
Breakfast was yummy.
Ben gave it two thumbs up.
Jill met Rachel.
We all had a great time meeting Jill's wonderful family.
Lewis met Melissa for the first time.
Papa Ben arranged the entire breakfast by himself.  The only opinion I offered was that silk flowers would be fine.
Rachel's friendship with Melissa predates mine with her.  Just a heads up, Rachel stayed all day, through the cleanup. She is a hard worker and it was great to have her with us.
Jane is enjoying getting to know 18 new cousins, although it might have been a bit mind-boggling this morning.
After breakfast, we worked on leaving for the temple.  Unfortunately, Papa and Jeff had unintentionally taken a necessary car seat with them.  We found another but then couldn't figure out how to raise the back seats in Papa's car.  The engineers googled the problem, but the woman with the Ph.D found the correct button.  We arrived on time, but just barely.
For the record, these two uncles were instrumental in getting Luke and Ben ready and in the right cars.
Lewis and younger Ben fell asleep on the ride to Payson.  Leaving them in their carseats with Corinne and some AC from an idle-free vehicle seemed like the right thing to do.  This left Middle Ben watching Luke in the foyer, with Kate and Ella tending Jane on the beautiful grounds.  Ben was a champ, and all the kids enjoyed the temple.
Everyone looked beautiful today.
Lewis was handsome in his new suit.
Ben knew he looked very cool in his bow tie.
I found myself very pleased with the look of men in black ties.
Luke and his new cousins each wore a boutonniere.
Jill saying yes was my favorite part of the ceremony.  Actually, I think it was everyone's favorite part.
She loves Jeff's kids.
They love her.
Jill's wedding dress was stunning.
Kate had a say in the flowers for her hair.
The sisters and sisters-in-law all had bouquets.

Later, these bouquets became centerpieces for the tables.
My corsage did not cooperate with my dress.  It ended up in a vase, too.

Jane felt like a princess and loved her dress.
Luke got a little tired during the picture-taking.  I asked him if he wanted a quarter.  He said no, he already had two.
Rachel loves Kate and Ella.
Kate and Ella love Melissa and Carolyn.  It was like this all day.
Today I learned that everyone in Jill's enormous family thinks she is the best.  No surprise to me.
It's fortunate that the shutter clicks fast.  There was actually quite a bit of motion happening by this time.
Fortunately, these five held still for me.  Probably a first.
After the wedding, Jeff and Jill took the kids for a treat.
Upon getting home, we all went to work  Ella made sure her adorable fashion statement fit with the theme:  black tie.
What you are seeing is Dave waiting patiently for the evening to begin.
Pie was on the menu.
However, brisket was the main attraction.
As soon as Jeff said go, Dave was ready.
Claudia came by to give Jeff her best wishes.
Tom dropped in and stayed awhile.  He and I are going to catch up later over sushi.
I loved seeing Erik, Cami and their family.
Gayla and Kay came, too.
The evening was beautiful.  Perfect.
I only gave a few people quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, Julie. You're Welcome, Louie.

Did I really want to start this last post of Steve's visit with another picture of my groupies watching Star Trek?  I sure did.  We'...